For you fans of "Frosty the Snowman" out there... Here's a fun and easy winter craft activity to do at home
What you will need :
Marzipan (pâte d’amandes)
Assorted soft candies
Time necessary to complete project : less than one hour
Age level : 2 years and up.
1) Divide marzipan into large, medium and small balls, but set aside a small chunk to color orange for the “carrot” noses.
Roll the balls in the sugar, lightly coating them.
1) Use a toothpick to skewer three balls per snowman. Start with the large ball as the base, follow with the medium ball and finish with the small ball for the head.
1) Unravel half of a licorice spiral candy (Haribo), and place the remaining smaller spiral on the snowman’s head as a hat.
2) To create the “carrot” noses, dip a toothpick into orange food coloring (or a mix of red and yellow) and brush it on a small chunk of marzipan. Knead the marzipan until the desired shade of orange is achieved. Shape the orange marzipan into tiny carrots and stick them onto the snowmen’s faces using little bits of toothpicks.
) Dip a toothpick in blue or green food coloring and create the eyes. Dip another toothpick in a darker color of food coloring (black, brown) and create the buttons down the snowman’s body.
1) Wrap a long, thin piece of ribbon candy around the snowmen’s necks as scarves, and add toothpick arms.
1) Arrange the snowmen on a bed of sugar “snow” and enjoy !